Behavior On The Bus:
Riding buses provided by the Union County School Board should be considered a privilege. Therefore, if a child fails to adhere to the code for bus riders their behavior may result in suspension of riding privileges.
REVIEWING THESE GUIDELINES WITH YOUR CHILD WILL HELP PROMOTE A SAFE ENVIRONMENT ON THE BUS.
- Obey directions of the driver at all times.
- Stay in the seat assigned by the driver.
- Observe classroom conduct by talking in a quiet voice.
- Observe orderly conduct while entering and leaving the bus.
- Keep head and arms inside the bus at all times.
- Do not eat or drink on the bus.
- Do not throw objects inside the bus or out of the bus window.
- Pushing, shoving, and fighting will render the child subject to discipline.
- Profanity will render the child subject to discipline.
- Proper care of the bus and its equipment is expected. Students and/or parents will be held liable for damages incurred on school bus.
- Ride only their assigned bus to and from school. Written parental permission, with school approval, is required to get off at a different stop or ride a different bus. Parents are responsible for informing the teacher of the appropriate procedure for the student to go home.
- DO NOT bring large boxes, cages, firearms, knives, glass bottles, animals, reptiles, offensive materials, etc. on the buses. Skateboards and skates of any type are not to be used on campus during school hours and will be confiscated. Band instruments too large to fit in the student’s lap or under the seat are not permitted